Introduction

Hello friends! Welcome to my blog.

I'm a single mum, writer, and filmmaker.

I'm a prose writer that stumbled into screenwriting back in 2003. In 2014 I met a woman that got me back into writing prose. I'll be forever grateful for her role in bringing me home. I am still a screenwriter. I work as a ghostwriter and have recently started working on bringing original content to life. I love writing movies, television shows, commercials, all of it, it's awesome! There is something about the world of prose though I hadn't realized I missed. The world building, the intimate way you can get to know your characters. There is something truly remarkable about the process.

When I am not writing I am spending time with my two boys, 7 and 4. I love them, they're awesome, and full of energy. During the school year Monday-Friday work and writing take a backseat to mumming. I enjoy volunteering in the classroom and doing school projects, all of it. I share custody with my ex-wife. After 4 years we're finally at a point where we've figured out how to co-parent. It's made parenthood that much easier.

The boys and I are currently working on a series of children's books. I am writing them, the boys are illustrating them. We may query them to find a home, or we may just self publish. I'm showing the boys the process of both and giving them some feeling of ownership, which has been fun. Right now they're leaning towards self publishing, they want to sell enough books to buy a Nintendo Switch lol They also want to be able to help the kids that lost their toys and houses in the hurricanes.

I am getting ready to self publish a horror anthology. Look for a post later with a preview.

My youngest is done with his quiet time, we're going to set up the easel and do some Samhain art.

Thanks for dropping by!

Shannon

Comments

Popular Posts