Coming Soon! Words From This Woman: A Fantasy Anthology



Hey friends, I have a new Anthology coming out soon! The tentative release date is 5/22. The anthology is going through its final edits now.

This one is not as intense as the last one. There are five stories that fall under the fantasy umbrella. The stories have a thread that weaves them together: strong women. They’re ready to fight and die for those they care about, and even those they don't.

In Winter’s Blood Sondra, Heir, must risk a dangerous winter hunt to help save her people from starvation.

Right and Sondra turn with Maior to stay ahead of the herd. Maior’s men keep the herd moving forward, without wandering. Right no longer looks back to the herd, but around for shelter. Sondra can sense it in the air, the storm will be ravenous, and it will not stop until it finds blood.

Right’s hot breath tickles Sondra’s neck. “This one’s hungry, Majesty. We will not make it home.”

“Agreed,” Sondra shouts over the wind.

“Do not stray from the path!” Maior screams at Sondra and Right. “Our horses will get us home.”

“The wind screams for blood. Winter is ravenous as we are!” Right shouts back.

Elemental And An AI follows Orasha, an Earth Elemental, and her discovery of an ancient relic from long extinct humans, a working AI, Ceyo.

My roots slip deeper and stay just above the smooth surface that poked me. I watch as the peace and healing I put into the earth transform the colors in the blossom. I'm not prepared for the colors of the blossom to spin faster, and for the blossom to crack. Its loud as stone cracking, or a storm on top of you. I stop and continue to move at an unthreatening pace. My obligation to the field causes me to react without thought, I wrap around the blossom and turn in on myself comforted by the knowledge my death will be meaningful.

The blossom opens holding the strangest creature I ever seen. It's not an elemental but something else altogether. No bark, or fur, or scales cover the body. Its the color of my bark, the top colored sky blue. A bright light illuminates the small space I’ve created.

“What the hell?” the thing says. It speaks our language.

“I am not hell, I am Orasha. What are you?” I ask.

Four Realms: Kali And Howl's set in the world of my upcoming novel Four Realms. We follow Kali and Howl from birth to the battle that opens the novel.

Because Hitslike came from the fire we vary in shades, like volcanic rock. I am carved from obsidian, Howl from fire opal. We looked a fire burning when together.


When we were at the end of our second season cycle, we ran from the castle grounds together to catch our first rabbit. Armed with training blades we crept through the tall sweet grass that surrounded the castle.

“Howl, what do we do once we catch a rabbit?” I asked her. I knew we had rabbit stew, but I didn’t quite understand how the rabbit transformed itself into a stew. I assumed it was magic same as the mysterious Barron that were past our southernmost border. She looked back at me and squeezed my hand. “We’ll know once we catch it!”

Huntress follows Maura a snarky 18-year-old struggling to accept the responsibilities of being a Huntress. A demon hunter charged with keeping the balance between Good and Evil.

Maura pulls out a breath mint and throw it in Mac’s mouth, he coughs and sputters as it hits the back of his throat. “Serious dude, hygiene.”

The rest of the bus ride consists of the foursome trying to make Maura as uncomfortable as possible. By the time they push off the bus she’s sure she's gonna puke from Mac’s lack of hygiene, and the foul things coming from their mouths. She wants to get them somewhere she can kick the shit out of them without landing in the principal’s office on her first day. The idiots walk her around the corner of the building. Before they can move Maura has the four of them lying on the pavement. Two of them are crying, one pissed his pants, and Mac groans clutching his crotch. “Great talk assholes. Seriously, stay away from me.”

Scars Of War is a rewrite/reprint from For The Love Of Women Volume 2. We meet a Warrior and an Oracle on a distant planet. Their love is dangerous and forbidden, and their lives are in danger. A mysterious alien threat tears through the galaxy and their planet is in the crosshairs.

The heat radiating off her, makes the suns seem like the cold recesses of the dark time. I lose focus and let my words fall away. I know, as she does, that each time our lips touch could be the last time. We love on borrowed time. There are strict codes to our society, the fact we’re both femme is of no consequence to anyone on this rock. Warriors must breed Warriors, so we stay to our kind. Oracles must breed Oracles so they must stay to their kind. A love like ours threatens to create a hybrid. An Oracle with the markings of a Warrior, or a Warrior with the abilities of an Oracle. It is far too dangerous for anyone to wield that strength and power.

I enjoyed writing each story, and I hope everyone will enjoy reading them. Look for more teases, including specialized Spotify playlist's coming soon.

Thanks,
Shannon

Comments

Popular Posts